Thursday, November 23, 2006

Nate Robinson gets his own named kicks

As Nate Robinson writes in his blog, Nike manufactured new basketball shoes with Robinson's name on them:

"Guess what everyone ... I've got my own shoe! As part of the 25th anniversary of the popular Air Force One, Nike decided to re-release different versions of the shoe, including one just for me.

I've always been a big fan of the Air Force One, so it's pretty cool to have my own version. I got to go to a party and see the new shoe, and pose for some photos, as you can see here...

I also met Tracy Teague, who designed the shoe. He said the new Air Force Ones have the best cushion and support of any shoe he's designed. "

Just to inform those who don't know: Nate robinson is the NBA 2006 Slam Dunk champion. Being just 5'9" he possesses a unique leaping ability, so he sometimes shows up in NBA video highlights with his alley-oops or putback slams.


No comments:

Post a Comment